Thursday, December 9, 2010

Looking Up

Don't stare at the sun, they always said.

I see a little silhouetta of a man
Makes sense, considering that our eyes are organic magnifying glasses. I don't know about any of you, but when I discovered that adding Sun to a Magnifying Glass equals Fire, I was pretty stoked. I'm sure that it doesn't work EXACTLY the same way...literal police, I'm looking at you...but whoever said not to had a good point.


In the mean time, however, there is photography, which allows you to stare at the sun for as long as you want. More so than staring at the sun is the allure of staring into a clear blue sky, or a bright sky with blue and clouds.

Storms comin'
I like the contrast of the sky and trees. I like the way things look in the way that you look at them, as well. The angle feels neat in my eyeballs.

Also, it's good to keep an eye out, you know, just in case something is falling towards you, or whatever.


Shouldn't we lie down, or put a paper bag over our heads, or something?

1 comment:

  1. The resident physicist confirms: your magnifying glass science is spot-on. Except when a physicist writes it, "adding Sun to a magnifying glass equals fire" becomes "m + S = f". We're succinct like that.

    More physics fun: see that light rainbow colour in the airplane contrails from the last photo? That's from light bending (diffracting) around fine water droplets. You can often see them really clearly by looking at their reflection in a puddle (which just takes away some of the background brightness---also so you don't burn your eyes). :-)

    ReplyDelete